The Taproom Manager will be responsible for making the taproom and tour experience nothing short of exceptional. The Taproom Manager ensures smooth operation of the taproom by making sure that the taproom is appropriately staffed, that beer tenders have everything they need to successfully and efficiently complete their tasks, that the taproom environment is comfortable, that the beers are at their absolute best, and that unforeseen needs are addressed quickly. The Taproom Manager is also responsible for ensuring that customers have a positive experience during their visit.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Hiring, training and managing taproom staff
- Setting the daily schedule for taproom employees at minimum of two weeks in advance and for at least two weeks out
- Manage and approve time cards for pay periods
- Oversee cost control and profitability of the taproom: report directly to the Director of Marketing
- Maintain a clean, friendly and welcoming environment for all guests at all times (temperature, music, cleanliness, conduct)
- Communicating beer and merchandise needs for inventory
- Completing weekly and monthly inventory tasks for production team
- Managing the coordination for all special events hosted in the taproom
- Opening and closing the taproom (setting up and closing down cash drawers, ensuring that the taproom is clean and ready for patrons, restocking/ordering any necessary supplies, addressing any unforeseen needs)
- Creation and execution of Standard Operating Procedures for reordering needs and inventory stock levels
- Daily Quality Control metrics to ensure optimal customer experience for all guests
- Develop a lead beer server training program and lead all Day One on boarding trainings for new hires
- Proactive management of taproom improvements and actively engaged around the development of plans for the taproom expansion
- Ability to move kegs, operate a fork lift, and operate a hand truck
- Working towards continuous optimization of taproom operations
- Other duties as assigned
- Available to work full-time (50 hrs / week), including nights and weekends
- Prior bar / restaurant management experience
- Prior taproom / bartending experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of craft beer, including basic understanding of beer production (Cicerone Beer Server or similar certification preferred)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to anticipate and proactively address problems in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated leadership
- Positive attitude and ability to work with a diverse set of people
- Basic familiarity with tablet-based POS systems and other web-based / MS Office software
- Ability to lift 35-50 lbs
- Ability to move full kegs with the aid of a dolly
- Aptitude for and desire to learn the mechanical workings of taproom equipment in order to address problems quickly and efficiently
- Grace under pressure
- Knowledge of and interest in the craft beer industry
- Proven success in a retail environment
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with employees and the general public.
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to multitask. The ability to think on your feet and adapt, flexibility is key.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Advanced computer literacy- excel, word, square, etc.
- Events planning and coordination experience
- Time management and schedule management
Can we see some ID?
Are you 21 or over?