Milwaukee Brewing Company, an award-winning, fast growing craft brewery located in Milwaukee, WI, is adding to its Marketing and Social Media Team!
A Milwaukee Brewing Company intern will learn about the craft beer industry and will help support the brewery’s marketing function. This includes learning how to engage with consumers on social media, build and execute social media campaigns, create compelling digital content, and perform influencer outreach. The intern will report to the Marketing Director.
This internship will help you acquire real world skills and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in marketing and should be prepared to enter any fast-paced work environment. This role will offer great exposure to all aspects of the sales and marketing department, and requires someone willing to do any job, even the dirty ones, with a positive attitude and eagerness to learn.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
- Manage various beer sites to ensure accuracy of descriptions, logos, etc. Sites include: Beer Advocate, Untappd, etc.
- Contribute to Milwaukee Brewing Company’s online presence by creating engaging content.
- Support public relations by conducting media research.
- Develop analytic reporting for social media channels.
- Influence social media growth through daily channel engagement.
- Develop and execute compelling channel-specific campaigns.
- Support local events through on-site social media execution.
- Develop and curate editorial and video content.
- Manage photography and graphic design for campaigns.
- Assist with the development of signage, circulars, mock-ups, e-mail campaigns, on-line promotion, and other marketing materials .
- Start to finish new product development assistance.
Critical Skills & Requirements
- Candidate must be 21 years of age, or older.
- Working towards a degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, or Journalism.
- Self starter with great work ethic.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiasm to build and maintain relationships.
- Outstanding knowledge of common social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instragram, Snapchat, etc.)
- Honesty, professionalism, and grace under pressure.
- Ability to lift 35-lb, able to travel by car.
- Flexible schedule. Ability to work approximately 15-25 hours per week.
- Attitude: Must have the ability to interact warmly, authentically, and knowledgeably with both customers and employees. Honest, transparent, and positive.
- Organization: Absolutely must be able to successfully juggle multiple social media pages and projects, people, requests, etc. with grace. Must communicate well and document with detail and accuracy.
- Responsibility: Be responsible with alcohol. Do not behave in a manner that is detrimental to your reputation or that of your employer. Do not drive under the influence.
- Knowledge: Must have strong brewery and beer knowledge to be able to interact with beer aficionados and establish credibility within industry.
Qualified applicants should possess interest and passion of the craft beer business, interested in the inner workings of a marketing and sales department at a brewery, ability to excel in an collaborative work environment and independently at times, exceptional work ethic and ability to understand the big picture while keeping a close eye on the details, strong written and verbal communication skills, capability to multi-task, and a major appreciation for organization.
Applicants should also possess reliable car transportation, night and weekend flexibility, and an outstanding relationship-building personality.